The September 2018 Special Symposium will be held Thursday through Friday, 27-28 September 2018, in conjunction with the Quality College (Monday-Wednesday, 24-26 September 2018) at the Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown in Grand Rapids, MI, USA.
The QA Risk Symposium, provided through a collaboration of many of SQA's Specialty Sections, will be held 27-28 September 2018 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The QA Risk Symposium team introduces the concept of risk for the QA Professional. The scope of the Symposium consists of presenting and discussing risk assessment and management in order to help translate requirements and needs into measurable goals and action. The ultimate goal is to provide tools for risk reduction and increased quality with effective results.
The Risk Symposium will focus on the following items:
- What is risk?
- How do you identify risk?
- How do you assess risk?
- How do you plan for risk?
- Examples of risk management, identification, evaluation, and mitigation
- How to develop and operate within your organization’s risk tolerance
- Prevention vs. prediction vs. mitigation
- Risk perception vs. risk measurement
- Measure, manage, and report uncertainties, thresholds or limits
- Simple, practical tools that can be immediately applied to identify, assess, trend and manage risk
- Risk management in a regulated environment
Learning Objectives include:
- Explain the importance of risk in a way that can be presented to Management
- Demonstrate concepts and tools to use for risk assessment, management, mitigation, reduction, measurements and elimination
- Show how risk assessment can be used to focus attention and effort on the areas of greatest need
- Understand different components of risk (e.g., severity and probability)
Abstract submission is now closed.
Register Online Now
(To register online, you must log in or create an account first. Both members and non-members are welcome to register.)
- Before 27 August 2018: Member Rate $400, Non-member Rate $600, Student Rate $200
- After 27 August 2018: Member Rate $480, Non-member Rate $680, Student Rate $240